Thursday, April 25, 2013

Review: Recipe for Loaded baked Potato Soup


I am not a fan of Potato Soup HOWEVER, I came across this recipe from www.allrecipes.com  for Loaded Baked Potato Soup. My daughter had been bugging me about making Potato Soup for most of the winter and I was trying to dissuade her from asking me to make it. I grew up hating the stuff, (no offense mom) but I found that boiled potatoes with a little milk to be terrible!!! It didn't matter if you added anything to the soup to dress it up. I wanted nothing to do with it.

My daughter was relentless in her pursuit of having me make her Potato Soup though. So I decided to search the world wide web for a decent recipe for the (in my opinion) horrid concoction. The following is a rating system I have come up to rate the recipes we try.

1 star for ease of recipe to make
1 star for how well the recipe went over with the entire family
1 star for cost of ingredients ( the most important star on my rating scale! Let's face it we all like things that are inexpensive, and in my home, I watch every penny I can).

www.allrecipes.comThis recipe receives a 2.5 stars! It is a bit expensive to make however, for the money you spend you end up with quite a bit of left overs depending on how large your family is or if you cut the recipe in half.

Below is the direct link to the recipe. Give it try you may like it!


http://allrecipes.com/Recipe-Tools/Print/Recipe.aspx?recipeID=25665&origin=detail&servings=12&metric=false







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your comment!